Monday, May 08, 2006

The Bear had a cold this weekend so we didn't do much. I played with wool. He snuffled and coughed and played with computers muttering something about disc drive recalibration. All Greek to me. Sunday was windy and wet so we didn't want to be outside anyway. I noticed several branches down from our large street tree.

Last night I got about 4 hours of sleep (including a very late sleep in) due to the restlessnees of our elderly cat. She insists on spending the night with me but won't sleep. She keeps walking around on me or standing on my pillow. If I throw her out she can open my bedroom door and if I block it she just scratches at the door forever. I am very tired today, to the point of not being able to think real clearly and being quite sore. Sleep is essential to FMS folk and it has meant that sometimes my life revolves around getting enough sleep. I have taken pity on Miss Pink Nose when the Imp seems to be getting too much attention due to her forceful personality, but that's OK when Miss Pink Nose will sleep and not go through this all night roaming. She's pushing 15 but she has always been cranky. If she weren't so pretty, she'd get even less special treatment.

I spent the day cataloguing dreary educational pamphlets and cleaning up name authorities. I have a 500 page printout of headings in our system that match to the wrong (non-preferred) form of name from our authority file. It is grinding work but nobody is doing it but me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the win, i wasn't as lucky i am a Carlton supporter:(