Monday, April 24, 2006

Round 4: What can I say? They should have won. They couldn't kick straight when it counted. They fumbled, they gave the ball to the opponents, they screwed up and lost it in the last few minutes. However, having been a Swan supporter for 24 years I know all is not lost. Even last year the beginning of the season wasn't all that pretty. I do also object the the new rule about marking which I call the Leo Barry Rule. If a player uses another player's back to climb up and misses the mark, he gives away a free kick, If he gets the mark, everything is OK. I have twice seen Leo do what used to be totally legal and have the ball slip through his fingers and a free has been given to his opponent. I hope all those new members think they joined the wrong club and give up after 4 matches.

No comments: