Friday, April 21, 2006

Della is a slut. Just sitting here glowing makes me leave my bowl of cereal and go surfing, first knitting blogs (I was reading about seaming at Knitty and one thing led to another; sorta like how I ended up married to The Bear only less so ) and then found a ring for ex-pats. But it was ONLY for ex-pat content and I don't fit that category. As soon as I can figure out how to add more links (like learn more HTML) I'll jazz up the page with links to other blogs.

But I really should add some ex-pat content because one of my goals with this blog is to describe how living in Australia is so different. Like the mail was just delivered. No the post came. and it was delivered by the postie who rides a motorcycle. Your letterbox must be positioned so a motorcyclist came drive up to it. And if it's raining he insists on dumping it on the ground even tho there is ample room to put it inside. Posties do not collect mail when they deliver, and there is no flag on the letterbox to tell you it has arrived. But your ear gets tuned to the exact sound of the postie's motorbike and you can tell when he's been. (note: "he's been" not "he's been here" or "he's come")

I also thought I'd include a weather report for anyone who is totally confused by our upside down climate pattern (judging by the comments I got when I visited last, this applies to most Americans). The front is coming through and it is very windy and patchy dark clouds. Colder too: 10C/50F.

No comments: