Saturday, January 10, 2009


In tidying the studio I had to put recently (relatively) acquired spinning fibre in a new plastic box. I say relatively because some of these had been hanging around since long before I went on my trip and some I acquired on the road. Here are the prettiest of the braids. Left to right:
  • Bluefaced Leicester from Flawful fibers
  • Superwash merino from Laughing Rat Studios
  • Shetland from Laughing Rat
  • BFL from Briar Rose
  • Corriedale from Laughing Rat
  • BFL in green/rose and rust/red from somebody at Rheinbeck I now forget!
I also have quite a bit from Susan at The Spinning Bunny because LA and I made a foray into the woods near Ithaca and entered her den of wonders. I have 8 oz of merino & silk in a colourway called Earth rose which is pink and grey and white and black. I am spinning her Clematis Vine colourway at the moment which is green and blue and white. I have to find an empty spindle (ha) so I can spin the other half and ply. My favourite craft of all is spinning but one then has yarn that needs to be done something with. So far I've given more away than I've knit but I have enough here, plus all that alpaca so I can actually made something beyond a hat or socks. Four ounces is not enough to make more than a pair of socks and some of those braids are only 4 oz.

No comments: