Wednesday, October 23, 2019

I promised regular posts so I had better fulfill my end of the deal. Little sleep last night again. This is getting beyond boring. I tried reading but I have to be so careful. Now I know I have a cataract in my right eye I don’t want to strain trying to read. Horrible headaches ensue. I hadn’t even thought about the implications of my infection on other parts of me, but my GP cautioned consulting my infectious disease doctor about the advisability of having a minor skin cancer removed and I think I will add cataract surgery to that. My immune system is in slow down mode and maybe adding other healing to the situation is not a good idea. I will ask on Friday.

It’s lovely having J here. Now that I’m playing hospital in my bedroom, he comes in for a chat in the evenings. Let me clarify that I sleep most of the mornings and he often goes out in the afternoons. Evenings he reads while I watch tv. Of course, tomorrow the World Series starts so I will have to rouse myself for that. I’m not all that interesting to visit. At least this time I’m not actually in hospital, unlike his last two visits. I was hoping we could go down to the coast for a few days while he’s here, but I also thought I would be healthy by now. I can’t sit in the car comfortably for over an hour and it takes a little over two to get to the ocean from here.

Spring is here and it’s gotten quite warm for a while. Canberra’s weather is erratic in spring and fall and you have to expect sudden ups and downs. My fruit trees have blossomed but the birds will probably get all the fruit. I’m hoping I can save some apples from the rosellas. I almost missed the annual spectacle of my wisteria in bloom but I did see it before a wind storm blew all the blossoms off. I was also going to try and grow some veggies in pots on the back deck but I’m not up to tending them. Besides, I think this is going to be a dry year. I really miss gardening but that’s how it goes.

We are both distressed over the rampant development going on around our area of the ACT. New suburbs popping up like mushrooms and we can’t figure out where all these potential home owners are coming from and why. All I see is a lot more traffic and precious little being done to the roads or parking areas to accommodate it. Ginninderry supposedly will have 11,000 new homes and who knows how big Whitlam will be. They’ve been planning to redevelop my local shopping centre for years but no progress has been made. Those 11,000 homes will need to buy groceries somewhere.

Well, it’s 1AM so I had better at least try to sleep. Hope to get a few hours; I have to go out for a blood test tomorrow.

No comments: