Friday, October 03, 2008

Well, folks, tomorrow morning I'll be on a Qantas plane, heading for LA and then Seattle before crossing the water to The Weaver's School for a week of in-depth weaking study. I am terribly intimidated and hope I can avoid making a fool of myself. M was such a forgiving teacher, who would help me correct mistakes or say it wouldn't matter. The new M is A Big Name in weaving and I hope I can absorb enough to put it into action when I get home.

Everyone who has read my itinerary can't believe I am trying to do so much but at every stop I think there is a block of a day when I can call time out if I need it. My legs were killing me after a brief stint of shopping to buy a new purse for my dying one. If I can get a good night's sleep tonight I'll be right and I have no trouble sleeping on planes. I have confidence in my housesitter and The Imp seems to like her although I'm sure she will miss me as much as I'll miss her. No little cat head on my shoulder as I go to sleep. And I hate leaving the garden at this time of the year. I just picked another half dozen spears of asparagus. There will be strawberries soon too. The other grafts on the grafted apple tree are also blooming.

Wish me luck and I'll post when I have a chance (not for at least a week).

1 comment:

Jan said...

Have a great time.