Thursday, November 15, 2007

I may have given up on the specific trip to Italy but I am still thinking of traveling, probably a longish tour of North America. All previous trips were factored in around the Bear's job, him convinced he was indispensable and couldn't go away for long and/or hitting as many work-related sites as possible. Now I have long service leave and someday some money, and am going to stick pins in a map for people, events, and sights to see. I haven't seen the Grand Canyon but the Bear had. All advice is to go while you are still able. I am discovering more textile tours and even Elderhostel or (shock horror) a cruise.

My throat is much better--I am still a bit croaky and baritone but it doesn't hurt as much as it did. It has turned into summer overnight. We went from 16C to 30C in a week. Everything in the garden is mulched, snail baited and tomatoes staked. I have been getting a handful of strawberries.

RCCLive tagged me with a blogger meme:
"open the book you’re currently reading to page 161 and read the fifth sentence on the page, then think of 5 bloggers to tag." I am currently reading Richard Morgan'sThirteen which was sold in the UK and Australia as Black Man which seems to be a reasonable title because the main character happens to be a black man and the novel takes place about 100 years in the future. I am not up to p.161 and hate to read ahead, but I'll oblige. Ha! The line is "What?" I too have not a lot of bloggers to tag but I'll try
1. Random Knits
2. Jejeune
3. Purple Purl
4. Sarah

The alpaca I pulled out most recently to flick card and go into the washing bag was over 20cm long (8"). I hope I can do it justice when I spin it. I can't put it through the drumcarder without cutting it into smaller pieces.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for tagging me, I"ll post my book thingy tomorrow :)

Your travel plans sound like fun. Have you need to Arches National Park in Utah - that's truly breathtaking... as are the Rocky Mountains (we used to live in Boulder, and remained stunned by the gorgeous mountains the entire time).

Denise said...

Mean to say BEEN to Arches - duh :)

Denise said...

MEANT to say. Man, I'd better stop now before I make a complete idiot of myself! Can I blame the heat?

rcclive said...

A friend has taken Elderhostel cruises in France and Russia - highly recommended. Perhaps a knitting cruise would be good? I see nothing wrong with that idea!
- lc2